Your patients plan their summer activities and holidays well in advance, in order to obtain the maximum enjoyment, of the best times that summer has to offer. They stock up on sunscreen, sunhats and ice cream for the freezer! But do they prepare their teeth against the painful effects of summer too?
Sunburn can easily be prevented by applying high factor sunscreen before sun exposure, but what about tooth sensitivity?
Rather than being able to relax and enjoy the all too brief spell of good weather and summer treats, patients who suffer with dentine hypersensitivity (DHS) have to stop and decide if sharing a refreshing drink with friends is worth all the sensitive tooth pain. They could end up avoiding summer treats such as ice cream and cold drinks for fear of sensitive tooth pain, but they needn’t have to.
“For up to 42% of the UK’s population*, summer very often means increased tooth pain”
*42% of the UK’s population. Millward Brown tracking study 2016.
THE solution for sensitive teeth
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ (CSPR) toothpaste with Pro-Argin® Technology offers clinically proven instant* – and long lasting – relief from DHS1,2
It also has the recommended fluoride level for caries prevention (1450ppm F) 3 and it tastes great. 4
Packs a punch
- Blocks the pathway to pain instantly* – 60.5% reduction in sensitivity from the first use1 *
- Delivers long-lasting pain relief – 80.5% reduction in sensitivity after 8 weeks2,**
- Provides superior dentine tubule occlusion: 91% occlusion vs 67% with a stannous fluoride/sodium fluoride technology5#
- Provides superior dentine tubule occlusion: 88% occlusion vs 50% with a novamin/sodium fluoride Technology6,#
Preparing teeth for the summer season
Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ toothpaste is clinically proven to work in seconds.7
- It locks in calcium and phosphate, occluding exposed dentine tubules. This prevents external stimuli from reaching dentine tubule fluid and causing pain.7,8
- It forms a calcium-rich layer on the tooth and in the dentine tubules. This is resistant to acids found in food and drink.
Instant and long-lasting sensitivity pain relief starts with your recommendation.
Encourage your patients to start using Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ toothpaste now in preparation for the summer season! Brushing twice a day with Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™, even when symptoms dissipate, will provide them with long-lasting protection against the sensitivity triggers that summer brings.
* When toothpaste is applied directly to each sensitive tooth for one minute
** Compared to baseline
# In-vitro study vs novamin/sodium fluoride technology (p<0.05)
1. Nathoo S, et al. J Clin Dent. 2009;20(Spec Iss):123–130.
2. Docimo R, et al. J Clin Dent. 2009;20(Spec Iss):17–22.
3. Recommended fluoride level (1350-1500ppm) for caries prevention in ‘Delivering better oral health. An evidence-based toolkit for prevention’. 3rd edition, Public Health England, June 2014.
4. Ipsos, UK Patient Experience Programme, 2016.
5. Hines D, et al. Accepted poster, July 2018 IADR
6. Hines D, et al. Poster #0742, March 2018 AADR.
7. Report Deon Hines-0003, 2016.
8. Cummins D. J Clin Dent 2009; 20(1): 1-9.
Colgate-Palmolive Company 2018.