A unique and groundbreaking clinical study suggests the instant* and long-lasting pain relief provided Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ can significantly improve your patients’ quality of life.
As dental professionals, we care about dentine hypersensitivity for many reasons – but did you know it can also affect our patients’ quality of life? On this count, there was positive news from a unique clinical study, which showed a significant improvement in oral health quality of life for Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ toothpaste¹. These were the first results to show a significant quality of life benefit for a dentine hypersensitivity treatment in a double-blind, negative-controlled study. So your recommendation of Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ could really help your sensitivity patients enjoy life without limitations.
The clinical study employed the unique Pro-Argin® technology, which is used in Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ toothpaste. This technology repairs sensitive areas of the tooth and deposits dentine-like material into the open tubules. This forms an acid-resistant seal for long-lasting sensitivity pain relief.
Additional study details:
- The study involved 273 people, across 3 European countries.
- Study investigators: Prof. S. Doméjean (France) Prof. C. Gernhardt (Germany) and Prof. P. Schmidlin (Switzerland).
- Primary study parameter: change in oral health-related quality of life was measured by a validated questionnaire (Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP)-49) over 24 weeks.
- Result: Significant improvement in oral health related quality of life in the Colgate® Sensitive Pro-Relief™ group, compared to a negative control at 24 weeks (p = 0.005).
*When toothpaste is directly applied to each sensitive tooth for one minute.
1. Poster presented at FDI 2016 (Effect of Pro-Argin® technology on oral health- related quality of life and dentine hypersensitivity (DHS) vs. negative control over 24 weeks) in Poznan, Poland, by Gernhardt & Christian Ralf.